Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
What is APQP?
APQP or Advanced Product Quality Planning is a structured method of defining and establishing the steps necessary to ensure that a product satisfies the customer. Effective product quality planning depends on a company's top management's commitment to the effort required in meeting customer specifications.
The Objectives of APQP
Some of the bottom line goals of product quality planning are...
- effective communications with all those who are involved in the implementation scheme.
- timely completion of required goals.
- minimal or no quality problems.
- minimal risks related to quality during product launch.
Phases of APQP
- Plan and define the program
- Product design and development
- Process design and development
- Product and process validation
- Feedback assessment and corrective action